Research Article

Hubungan antara derajat dehidrasi dengan penurunan berat badan pada anak diare usia 1 sampai 5 tahun di ruangan kaswari dan poliklinik anak RSUD Wangaya kota Denpasar

William Grandinata Soeseno , I Wayan Bikin Suryawan, Kadek Suarca

William Grandinata Soeseno
Bagian/SMF Ilmu Kesehatan Anak RSUD Wangaya. Email: williamgrandinata@gmail.com

I Wayan Bikin Suryawan
Bagian/SMF Ilmu Kesehatan Anak RSUD Wangaya

Kadek Suarca
Bagian/SMF Ilmu Kesehatan Anak RSUD Wangaya
Online First: April 01, 2019 | Cite this Article
Grandinata Soeseno, W., Bikin Suryawan, I., Suarca, K. 2019. Hubungan antara derajat dehidrasi dengan penurunan berat badan pada anak diare usia 1 sampai 5 tahun di ruangan kaswari dan poliklinik anak RSUD Wangaya kota Denpasar. Intisari Sains Medis 10(1). DOI:10.15562/ism.v10i1.322


Background: Children with diarrhea occurrences at ages 1 to 5 years had a prevalence of 16,7% in developing countries. Children suffer from diarrhea more than 12 times per year, and this is also the cause of death by 15 – 34 % of all causes of death. Most of the death from diarrhea due to dehydration begin with dehydration symptoms and decreased body weight. Diarrheal disease cannot be underestimated. Comprehensive, holistic and rational handling is required.

Methods: This study was observational analytic research with cross sectional study design. This study aimed to investigate the correlation between the degree of dehydration with a weight loss of diarrhea children aged 1 - 5 year. The sample is 55 diarrhea children aged 1 to 5 years with dehydration and without dehydration in Kaswari and Clinic pediatric at Wangaya Hospital Denpasar from May until August 2018. The data was analyzed by Chi-Square test

Result: 24 of 30 children aged 1 to 5 years with mild-moderate dehydration diarrhea lose weight (80%), while the other 6 did not lose weight (20%) with p-value = 0,001.

Conclusion: There is a relation between degrees of dehydration with weight loss in diarrhea children at Kaswari and clinic pediatric room Wangaya Hospital, Denpasar.

References

Kemenkes RI. Profil data dan kesehatan indonesia. Jakarta: Kementerian Kesehatan Republik Indonesia. 2012.

WHO. 2013 (diakses pada tanggal 16 september 2016). Tersedia dari: http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factshe ets/fs330/en/

Kemenkes RI. buletin jendela data dan informasi kesehatan. Jakarta: Kementerian Kesehatan Republik Indonesia. 2011.

Depkes RI. Lima langkah tuntaskan diare. Jakarta: Departemen Kesehatan RI. 2011.

Aziz. Diare pembunuh utama balita. Jakarta: Graha Pustaka. 2006.

Mathew MA, Paulose A, Chitralekha S, Nair MKC, Kang G, & Kilgore P. Prevalence of rotavirus diarrhea among hospitalized under-five children. Indian pediatrics. 2014. 51(1), 27-31.

Hardi AR, & Masni R. Faktor–faktor yang mempengaruhi kejadian diare pada batita di wilayah kerja puskesmas baranglompo kecamatan ujung tanah tahun 2001 [skripsi]. Makassar: Univeristas Hasanuddin. 2012.

Prajnyaswari D, Wulan SPW. Gambaran riwayat kejadian diare pada balita dan pelaksanaan PHBS dalam tatanan rumah tangga di Desa Gegelang Kecamatan Manggis tahun 2013. Intisari Sains Medis. 2018. 9(1). DOI:10.15562/ism. v9i1.147.

Aparecido Nunes, Altacílio, et al. Prevalence of rotavirus in acute diarrhea and its association with clinical signs and symptoms. Journal of tropical pediatrics. 2009. 56(3): 212-213.


No Supplementary Material available for this article.
Article Views      : 83
PDF Downloads : 42